It is very important to maintain a healthy and strong body and that is achieved to a great extent having good defenses that can attack foreign bodies and prevent us from suffering diseases such as a cold or sore throat.
In nature, we find foods that help us to naturally increase the defenses and their activity. Take note that we tell you next.
Over time, many researchers realized that there are no miraculous foods that prevent colds; they are only foods that increase the action of our defenses. The defenses above all are reinforced by carrying a good diet, and we give you the keys.
Foods rich with these nutrients
We must prioritize a diet with nutrients that help the defenses, in addition, to take into account certain aspects so that your health is in perfect condition from the first day.
- The most important thing is to find balance. Look for a varied and balanced diet so that the body gets all the food groups with essential nutrients.
- Look for them to be foods of natural origin. Do not abuse industrial or pre-cooked products, therefore, consume food in its natural state without processing and as ecologically as possible. Thus vitamins, minerals, and enzymes will help you feel better.
- Choose to eat foods rich in vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, dairy, eggs, are rich in provitamin A, improve the body’s natural barriers and fights infections and cleanse the mucous membranes.
- Vitamin C. You will find vitamin C in citrus fruits, red peppers, vegetables, and green leafy vegetables. All these improve the antiviral compounds that prevent the failures of the immune system.
- Vitamin E. Present in olive oil, sunflower seeds, nuts, cereals, is antioxidants that help restore the immune system when it is weakened. It is beneficial when we have left an antibiotic treatment.
- Do not forget the minerals that increase the fighting capacity of the defenses. The zinc present in the seafood, poultry, vegetables or wheat germ. You will find the iron in green leafy vegetables and selenium, which you will find in nuts or whole grains.
- Dairy like yogurt with a spoonful of honey, since it is an antiviral shield.
- Garlic and onion, are antiseptic and take care of mucous membranes.
- Bluefish helps to encourage protective cells.
Infusions that you should not miss
Many herbs and plants noticeably improve our state of health if we consume them and introduce them into our daily lives. We tell you which are the best herbs and plants you must have at home to make your defenses are stronger and more active.
- Echinacea multiplies white blood cells in the blood, favors the destruction of possible infectious agents, in addition, it is advised to all those who suffer from flu, sinusitis or have a cold.
- Rosemary has balsamic properties, in addition to high levels of vitamin C in its leaves and flowers. People who have hypertension, epilepsy or gastritis should not take it because it could alter the medication.
- Hibiscus contains vitamin C and citric acid so it is very beneficial to increase the defenses.
- Thyme contains thymol which in turn offers great and strong antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties, making the immune system are reinforced.
- Rosehip is rich in vitamin C, so taking a cup a day will help you noticeably.
Tips to consider
- All the infusions that you take that are with honey to increase the benefit. Because honey helps the absorption of its active ingredients.
- Be positive, emotions influence our body, stress, anxiety, and discomfort can cause us not to be 100% and fall ill.
- Control your weight Obesity and overweight is a risk factor for other diseases, the immune system weakens and over the years is an addition to bad health.
- Do not forget to drink water, at least two liters a day. If you prefer you can add lemon, cucumber slices or stevia to give a different touch to water. As well as taking herbal infusions and plants discussed above.
- Choose probiotics and prebiotics in your diet to take care of your intestinal flora.
- Try to sleep at least 8 hours a day. Rest is very important for the body to be healthy and strong.
- Increase the consumption of vitamin C, you will find it in citrus fruits, kiwi, and green leafy vegetables or peppers.
- Choose medicinal mushrooms such as shiitake, reishi or maitake. Foods that benefit our body.
- Do some analysis to determine and know how your iron levels are. The lack of iron is directly related to a lack of energy.
- Do not forget beta-carotenes and carotenes for the mucous membranes of your body. Carrots, squash or orange foods are good for increasing doses.