Many people are unhappy with the color of their teeth, when we are children and we have milk teeth, these are characterized by being very white and when they appear the definitive ones are not so white.
Over time, certain treatments that help us whiten our teeth have become fashionable; however, we can always help ourselves at home with hygiene routines and with natural products that are available to everyone.
Before submitting to treatment it is important to know the options presented by certain natural products to help our teeth to be whiter. Because many dental treatments can be very invasive and harmful to the quality of our enamel or our gums.
Yellow teeth, how do they get stained?
Actually to prevent stains on the teeth we have to know what the causes of these stains are. The enamel that covers the dental pieces is somewhat porous and is “filled” with the remains of the food or drinks we eat.
For this reason, when we drink wine or eat some red fruits, for example, our teeth may stain, but just brushing the color would go.
However, there are other foods that do produce stains over time, such as coffee, tea, bad habits such as smoking or acid foods that affect the enamel.
Here we tell you what are the foods or practices to avoid:
- Maintain poor oral hygiene
- Soft drinks are rich in sugars.
- Brushing after eating may not give the enamel time to recover.
On the other hand, we find a series of beneficial foods that we can take into account to help that natural whitening.
The ideal thing about these foods is that they help protect the enamel of the teeth. Cheese and dairy products are also very beneficial as our body increases the level of calcium and phosphorus.
Home treatments for teeth whitening
- Orange: rub for 45 seconds or one minute approximately the teeth with the white part of the peel of this fruit. This bark contains a substance known as mesocarp that will give your teeth a whiter shade. Once you have rubbed well, let 30 minutes pass and brush normally.
- Strawberries and baking: a perfect mix for your teeth. Crush a couple of strawberries and combine them with a teaspoon of baking soda, apply the result for 10 minutes and pour in half an hour.
- Activated carbon powder: a method that has gained more weight with the passage of time thanks to the good results it offers. It is assured that it is the best method.
Quick tips for teeth whitening
- Eat a slice of papaya or an apple daily. These fruits also strengthen gums.
- Perform mouth swabs with sage leaves. To do this, boil two tablespoons of sage leaves in one in 250 milliliters. Once the infusion cools it will be ready to use.
- Mix two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with one of water. With this preparation, you can rub your teeth so that they whiten gradually over time. Then, rinse.
- You can make toothpaste based on yeast, 2 teaspoons of salt and water. Brush naturally and rewind later.
Precautions with treatments
Although they are based on natural products and the most common for all, we must bear in mind that abuse of them can cause damage. For example, abuse of sodium bicarbonate or hydrogen peroxide.
Therefore, the ideal is good prevention:
- Keep a clean mouth and to do this, brush your teeth at least twice a day and after each main meal.
- Flosses every two days.
- If you do not like dental floss, it is best to have an oral irrigator.
- The idea is to stop smoking.
- Avoid excessive consumption of coffee, tea, herbal infusions or sugary and carbonated drinks.